- Regular Records
- Absence from the school without leave is not tolerated except when the case is sudden illness or unforeseen circumstances in which case the information must be given at the earliest.
- After an absence from the class the reasons for the absence must be entered briefly in the Regularity Record under “Absent” in the calendar. Reasons of a private nature may always be submitted in a letter.
- If an unauthorized absence for school exceeds 15 calendar days, the student’s name may be struck off the rolls, and he may not be readmitted to school.
- An absence due to illness for two or more days, besides being entered in the Regularity Record under “Absent” must be accompanied by a doctor’s prescription.
- For failed candidates there is no arrangement for ‘Re-examination’ or ‘Promotion on Trial’.
- Leave for religious ceremonies or special occasions must be obtained beforehand. However, no consideration can be made for examination and tests.
- Leave of absence for reasons as birthdays, excursions, festivals, wedding, time to study for an examination, are not considered sufficient.
- A leave granted must be recorded in the Regularity Record under ‘Leave’ in the calendar. This must be signed by Principal / Headmaster.
- Early Departure: It is availed when there is an emergency at home or when a student gets sick in the school with prior information. It is not granted to those who come from home sick.
- In case a child falls sick / meets with any accident in the school premises he can be helped with immediate first aid only. The parents will be informed and are expected to come and attend immediately. It is important to give the correct contact numbers on time, especially when there is a change.
- RLate arrival to school is a breach of discipline. A student who comes late to school must enter the date and time of arrival into the Regularity Record under “Late”.
- Five late arrivals will result in parents being called to the office of the Head Master. Ten late arrivals will invoke suspension from the school.
- The school declines all responsibility if through failure to produce a letter giving reasons for his absence of delay, a boy is obliged to return home during school hours.
- Readmission to class, for absentees and late-comers, is granted when they show the teacher in charge the Regularity Record duly countersigned by the Principal / Headmaster.
- It is mandatory for a student to attend the school on days marked “Compulsory Attendance”. Pupils must be present on the opening and closing days of each term (Summer, Puja and Winter vacations). Defaulters are to pay a fine of Rs. 50/- per day for number of days absent. In case of sickness / eventualities the matter must be notified to the Principal with relevant documents the same day.
- Half day leave is generally discouraged. Appointments with doctors, dentists and opticians, if necessary, should be arranged outside school hours. But in case of an emergency if a child has to go home, the identity card with proper application must be brought.
For details contact school office: Phone No: 033 2654 8409 / 2654 6098