Course Of Studies
- Course Of Studies
AIM OF OUR SCHOOL
- The ICSE Section (Class X) prepares the students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, in the following subjects: English, Bengali/Hindi, Mathematics, Science / Economics, Social Studies and Environmental Science. The Elective Subjects offered are: Commercial Application and Computer Application.
- ISC Section (Classes 11 and 12) accepts students who have passed ICSE or its equivalent, and prepares them for the Indian School Certificate Examination of the Council, in two streams:
- (i) Science Stream with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Computer Science, Hindi & Bengali.
- (ii) Commerce Stream with English, Economics, Mathematics / Business Studies, Accounts, Commerce, Hindi & Bengali.
- (iii) Humanities Stream with English, History/ Mathematics, Geography, Economics / Home Science, Political Science, Hindi & Bengali.
- The ISC is a separate course. Admission to it is entirely at the discretion of the school authorities even for the students who have completed the ICSE at Sunrise (Eng. Med.) School, Belur. A new application is required for admission to this course.
- Sunrise (Eng. Med.) School, Belur, being an English-Medium School, makes every effort to teach the students to use English effectively, as a written and spoken language.
- Discipline: Special attention is given to ensure a high standard of morality and discipline in the school. A student must strive to attain qualities of mind and heart and integrate into his life, virtues such as honesty, sincerity, piety, compassion, generosity, love for nature and self reliance.
- The student's personality, initiative and originality are given full scope in creative or co-curricular activities and by involvement and participation in clubs, sports and games.
For details contact school office: Phone No: 033 2654 8409 / 2654 6098